Sunday, December 7, 2008

A Idea...

This Year I had this idea...imagine that. I wanted to take the kids and do something for someone at a nursing home or hospital. I wanted the kids to know what the true meaning of the holidays is. I know they know that. But I wanted to remind them. Plus I wanted to be able to bless someone...I so love what I get when I do something for someone else. It just warms my heart. I think I need to do More of it..It is better then any drug I could take. Ha

Well due to the issues with Philip. I decided that since he will be on steroids we need to watch the germs. I knew we would not be able to do some of the things I had planned.

Then my medical issues came up and that made things even more complicated.

So for a while this has been nagging at me...

I have a idea...and I am excited about it. I thought maybe a few of you might want to be involved also. if not..that is fine. You can still be involved with prayers .

I have contacted the hospice center to see how I can do what I have planned. I want to sponsor a child who is now on hospice . The idea i have is...to find out about them and what they like. Such as if they like a certain princess or hero...I can send them a book or jammies..or bath stuff. Anything to make a smile happen for a little one who is sick and about to go to Heaven.

I know I have a lot going on. And part of me knows I need to think of our issues and deal with them. And you know I will.

But this idea weighs heavy on my heart and I do not want to let it go.

So I am going to get the details and pick a child and family. Then I may see of any of you feel a nagging at your heart to help. Even cards from your children..or pictures.

What a way for us a blogging family to bond even closer together.

I hope I explained this the way I wanted to. Did I mention I am on pain meds..

Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions?

11 comments:

Stacy said...

What a wonderful idea!!! This just goes to show what kind of woman you are. You are going through so much but still are tinking of others! Let em know the details!

He & Me + 3 said...

I think it is a wonderful idea. We are planning to do some things too, so let us know how we can help.

Heather said...

Amy,
As always, you amaze me my friend. Here you are facing huge challenges, and you want to reach out to help others. You are truly showing your family the real meaning of Christmas. YOU are a beautiful example of "Christ-like Love" to others.
I count myself truly blessed to call you a friend.

Shannon said...

I didn't even know they had that kind of sponsership available. That's a great idea!

Us said...

Have I told you lately that you are wonderful?! xo Keli

Anonymous said...

Great idea...count me in...keep me advised as to how to proceed. MNJO

Amy Dungan said...

This sounds wonderful! Maybe I can help too.
I'm a photographer and once I get things lined up I plan on doing free portraits for children with cancer or in Hospice.

Jane In The Jungle said...

Fantastic, let's do it!!

eske said...

I agree, what a wonderful idea! I would love to help.

eske said...

I agree, what a wonderful idea! I would love to help.

Christy said...

I know I'm late on this, but I'm a momma to a child who died from Pediatric AML leukemia. Jordyn was a Featured child on a wonderful website called Make a Child smile: www.makeachildsmile.org

You can send a card or gift (what ever you choose) to one of the 3 (or all 3) of the month's featured children.

We were truly blessed through them and Alex who created and runs the site is just a wonderful woman with a huge heart!