Thursday, April 2, 2009

Fresh Start Tomorrow

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;in all your ways acknowledge him,and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3, 5-6

Today has been such a long hard day. I have been sick all day . Every minute that I have not been in a DR appt I have been in bed sick. And as if it matter I just wanna add there is no time for that right now.

Tomorrow I am going to share the details of Philip's appt from today. I just do not have the emotional energy tonight. I have to admit that I am discouraged. More discouraged then I have been in a really long time. So I searched and found the verse above. It speaks what I need to hear. The appt today was filled with information that was scary and hard for Philip and I to hear. He has said many times today...This is going to be a hard scary operation...and after the appt today...he is right.

I need to get well because we have a LONG road ahead of us.

I just would like to ask that you pray for some peace for Philip tonight. I know he is scared. In so many ways he is still so young and this is such a BIG step. To listen to the odds and details today was almost too much for me..so I know it was for him.

I have taken all the meds I can to help with my sickness today and it is not going to let up. I am going to repeat that verse over and over in my head and I got to sleep and pray for a better day tomorrow.

8 comments:

Shannon said...

Praying that you both get some sleep tonight. That's a good verse to hold on to. Talk to you tomorrow!

Kelli said...

Many many hugs and prayers for you both. Hang in there and thank you also for your prayers.

Grace said...

Dearest Amy... prayers and thoughts left on CB site. May you and Philip feel the warmth and peace of God's arms around you tonight and every night.

Now... go get some sleep...

Vickie said...

Oh sweetie...bug hugs for you and Philip. I wish this didn't have to be so hard and I am wishing you well more than you know.

Mari said...

Praying for you both right now, for peace of mind and healing. You picked a great verse to focus on.

April said...

Rest well, sweet friend! Thinking of and praying hard for you both! May God surround you with peace and comfort. Praying for a better day today!

Charmaine said...

Sending love and prayers and of course big hugs for you both. You have chosen a very good verse to focus on, to cling to and to use for strength. I so wish there was more I could do than offer prayers. I am so sorry you are so ill and I wish there was more that could be done for you so that you didn't have such horrible after effects. Stay strong and try to get some sleep, ask the Lord to turn off your mind and to give you refuge in his loving arms.

bluesuede said...

As Scarlett O'Hara would say -- "I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow."

I hope tomorrow (today) is a better day.