Saturday, March 21, 2009

Oh No...Not On The BIG Release Night


It started with a phone call from school. Cough, fever, headache, aches...please come and get your sweet daughter.

Next came the thought...of we have to go to the DR to get meds so no one else catches this..okay no..that was not the first thought..well it was a thought...with Philip's operation.



So off I got to pick up my sweet daughter. The whole time she is more concern because of what day it is. Yep Friday? No..not Friday. I mean yes it is Friday. But not any Friday it is THAT Friday. Do you know what Friday? The one that this sweet little girl has waited for over 4 months. The one that I have heard about day after day after day. The one that she has planned to for weeks. The RELEASE of TWILIGHT day.

So off to the DR we go. For me it was to get meds to make sure Philip is covered for his operation. For sweet Emily it was to make sure her awesome Dr understood that she needed a miracle drug to feel better for the midnight release of her LONG awaited movie release.

Oh and of course we need her to get well so she can feel better.




Our awesome Dr looked and listened and gave that Talk. You know the one. It is going around speech. We got a script. Then I mentioned that E had gotten her "womenly visit" so we could talk about a certain shot. Wow that got her attention. She shot me a look of I am going to hurt you mom. And all I wanted to say was...Pay back for Pink. Oh sorry that is a different post. Ha.

Emily came home and rested all afternoon. I went to the store got the meds filled and bough the feel good foods. Soup and Gatorade.

Last night about 8:3o Emily felt so bad she fell asleep in my bed . So for hrs I laid here and told myself I will just take her to get the movie in the morning. No big deal. Then I started thinking about how excited she has been. How much she wanted the movie. And how much I love the little girl. So I dragged myself out of bed and went and stood in line for a LONG time ...

And

When someone finally woke up..she found her movie there waiting for her.

And yes she has watched it already.

The smile on her face was worth the wait in line...Really it was..lol

13 comments:

bluesuede said...

Whether she realizes it yet or not, Emily is a very lucky girl. I hope she feels better today.

Aspiemom said...

Oh, I hope Emily feels better quickly. I feel so sorry for her. And I hope no one else gets it. Your immune system is shot and here you had her in your bed. Bad Amy! You have to take care of you, too, woman!

You were a good mom to stand in line and get the movie. I'm sure it brightened her life some to get to watch it.

Shannon said...

I know when you say "dragged" out of bed you really mean it. Not easy to do...but you did! That was wonderful of you. You are a GOOD MOMMY!!!

Mari said...

You are a great Mom, and I bet you loved seeing her face when she realized what you had done!

Denise Grover Swank said...

Oh, what a sweet, sweet mommy!

What's next said...

you were so sweet to go stand in line!!! hope she's better very quick!

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

Oh poor Emily, being sick when you have big plans is just no fun!!

You are such an amazing mom its staggering!! You know she will always look back on this and what an amazing sweet thing you did for her.

Shannon said...

Well, now that you fought the midnight crowds to get Emily her movie I do feel a little worse for taking pictures of my son with his rock-smashed foot. Thanks for mentioning it. :) He's ok. "Rock-smashed" is really being a little dramatic. Plus, I think he cried worse when I didn't throw the camera down and run to him but kept clicking away. Oh great, now I've wounded him emotionally....

Cindy said...

Wow, Mom--that was very sweet of you!! I want to see that movie really BAD!!! Can't wait to go to the store to buy it!!

Kim and Dennis said...

What a great Mom you are! I am going to get myself a copy of that movie in the morning.

Natasha said...

You're such a teriffic mommy!! I love those special smiles :)

Kelli said...

Thanks so much for the prayers. God bless!

misty said...

You are such a great mom...she is such a lucky girl..hope she feels better soon!