Thursday, March 26, 2009

Me and My 2 am thoughts..Oh No

I had a thought early this morning ...you know me and my thinking at 2 am ha. Lately my blog has become something I am not sure is what I had in mind when I started it. It seems to me that I seem to only blog medical updates or downer blog post lately. But then I got to thinking..well Amy ( yes I talk to myself ) you do blog fun stuff too. But it seems to me lately that my blog has been more updates and downers and needy .But when I post these I get such a wonderful support team for myself and Philip. That means the world to me on the harder days. There are days that your support seems to get me through some really rough times...like sitting there while Philip was doing his first stage of his operation on Tuesday.

I am wondering maybe I am just tired and just think I do not have enough to worry about...so I will worry about my blog being a downer vs a carefree party place. There I said it. Do you guys miss the carefree party blog post? Umm...I am not sure I ever had a carefree blog party post...but you know what I mean. Do you know what I mean? I bet some of you know what I mean. And before a few of you think I am worrying too much about what others think of my blog...I am not worried I am thinking out loud...and sharing some thoughts with my blog family...

Speaking of medical...okay ya know I had to mention a few updates.

Still working with Philip. Hour by hour. Things were a little better late yesterday and have gotten bad again. But we are taking in one step at a time.

And today is Thursday...know what that means? It means I have treatment...so I will have even more time to think...scary huh?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

thnking of you and sending you prayers... xoxox.... annie

Unknown said...

I love the way you think, its Friday, forget about Thursday! So Enjoy your early weekend, even if its in our dreams!

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

I don't think your blog is a downer and I don't think you are either. I am amazed by your strength through all these medical journeys you have been on. Whenever you post and update or just get off your chest what you need to say, its real and honest.

You also seem to approach things so head on and focus on doing what needs to be done. Your tone is never one of "poor me", I am amazed and inspired by all of this.

I hope you and Phillip both have a good day today.

And I am more than happy to give you the support and love that you need during this time. I am glad that my simple words may help you on a bad day!!

Jenn said...

Hope things go well today! Blogs are meant for real life stories--not fluff! I enjoy your stories--struggles and happiness. That's what life really is!

Charmaine said...

Never a downer...maybe a reality check for those of us who do not have the trials that you and your familly are going through. You are honest and a very loving lady and what I see is a woman that has more on her plate than she should have that is handling it with as much grace, strength and courage as is possible.

So sorry it is Treatment Day Thursday, but the good news is, it is one step closer to the end of the treatments.

Take care, sending love and prayers for strength and courage.

His grace is sufficient. said...

Praying for you today during your treatments.

eske said...

One thing I can do for you is pray. Your blog helps direct my prayers. What your blog is, is real, it is what is happening. We will all rejoice when your blog is what you envisioned it to be, but that doesn't mean the blog should be anything but what it is today. The blog is about what is going on with you, how YOU feel. Not about us, the readers. Prayers continuing to come your way.

ixtapacheryl said...

So you have something in common with my husband Jeff. His chemo treatments are on Thursdays as well. Tell them to give you something to make you sleep while getting it. I can leave Jeff and run and do errands - come back and he's snoring.....

ASK for something....

Your blog is NOT a downer. It's what you need to do to keep sane....

Shannon said...

Don't worry about it. You blog is your journal of what's happening in real life. And the truth is that right now everything isn't fun and carefree for you. So when you're feeling good and fun then post a carefree post but when you feel lousy and need to get some of the heavy stuff off your chest then post that to and we're all here for you.