Thursday, March 26, 2009

If you would

Please say a prayer for us today. My DH called me and he got a message that he has to meet with his big boss and his group lead today at 4:15. I can not help but be worried . As you know it is not secret at his work that everyone is on the watch list to be laid off ...and this is not a good thing today.

To be honest...there is so much going on right now..there is so much stress that this seems just almost too much stress today.

Please pray that the meeting goes well. That he does not get laid off. And that Jim leaves the meeting not feeling like he has failed. I know right now both he and I feel like we are just not able to fix much of anything...

Thank you for allowing me to have a place to come and share this very big concern.

Edited to add...the meeting is over...He is not laid off, for now. The meeting did not go well. Please pray for some peace at our house this weekend. Jim is just in a real bad way and to be honest I do not blame him but I just really do not think I can deal with much more right now. I know that sounds so blunt...but for right this second it is how I feel. I almost dread him coming home. I just want for a few minutes for everyone to be happy, okay and at peace. or heck atleast one of these...is that really too much to ask?
And just to add by the time he gets home I will be supportive and do what needs to be done. But for a few minutes I am going to feel sick and sad and frustrted. Hey I think this is when I am suppose to pray....so that is where I am going...off to pray VERY hard and very clearly to GOD that I NEED help and peace.

10 comments:

Brandy said...

PRAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lori said...

praying for you all!

Aspiemom said...

I'm praying for you, Amy. Let us know how things transpire.

Crazee Juls said...

I'm just home...and I will pray for your family... I am sorry that things are so stressful right now.

Jennifer said...

Thanks for following my blog. Come back anytime. I will be checking out your blog in the days to come.

April said...

Consider it done, my friend! You are all close in my prayers!

ixtapacheryl said...

Praying hard - very hard!

Charmaine said...

I am so sorry that you now have this added stress to worry about. There is a saying "It is always darkest before the dawn" Some times I think we have to throw ourselves down upon the Lord and confess that we can no longer deal with it, that we have to give it all to him, every thing...Phillip, your cancer, Jim's job, the dirty house, the weeds in the yard...give it all to him...it is what he wants, he wants us to give ourselves and our lives to him...there is nothing to big or too small. Think of it, he built the highest mountains and created the grains of sand...he can think big and very small. I am praying that you do find peace and comfort and remember that whenever God closes a door he opens a window, we only need to look, look with God's eyes and you will see.

Love you! Hugs!

Grace said...

Oh I wish I knew that you had edited to add more... as I've been praying so hard and almost ill myself over the meeting. Praise God that he isn't laid off. Redirect prayers so that home life will be good and some happiness will happen. So, do you need me to come and take him out for a smoke and jerky break? I will... okay, I'm on my way....

Hugs to you my dear sweet friend.

What's next said...

glad he still has his job. I can feel your pain in this area.. we are going through job issues with my husband...I am con't to pray for you and your family! I can't imagine dealing with that and all the other things o n your plate. Praying that your weekend is peaceful!